This Super Bowl Sunday wanna serve wings that are better than everyone else's? Then make these, which benefit from a Carrot Bryner marinade. That's right, drinking it is the tip of the iceberg. Bonus, those guests who have a gluten-free diet can enjoy these too.
1-1.5lbs Chicken Wings, paddle and drumette separated
1 Bottle Carrot Bryner - reserve 1/2cup for glaze
4-6 cups High temp oil - vegetable, canola, grapeseed for frying
Gluten Free Flour 1 ¼ cups (Cup4Cup or similar)
Gluten Free Flour ⅓ cup (Cup4Cup or similar)
Beer ½ cup (100g) (Gluten Free or Gluten Removed such as Sufferfest Summit or Epic)
Vodka ½ cup (100g)
1/2 cup Carrot Bryner
2-10T Hot Sauce (depending on heat preference)
4T Butter - Salted and cut into cubes
- Place wings in bowl or Ziplock bag.
- Combine Carrot Bryner and Salt, pour over wings. Refrigerate for 1 hour, or up to overnight
- Bring oil up to 350F in large pot
- Coat wings liberally in dredge, shake off excess
- Whisk batter together. Coat wings in batter
- Fry wings in batches, to maintain oil temperature, 7-8 min or until a thermometer inserted in thickest part of the wing reads 155F
- Place fried wings on rack
- Bring a small pot of water to a gentle simmer.
- Combine all ingredients except butter in a heat proof bowl that sits nicely on top of the small pot.
- Heat gently and stir to incorporate
- Remove bowl from double boiler, and start to incorporate butter a little bit at a time while whisking.
- Be careful to not let mixture get too hot as it will separate.
- Once butter is incorporated, toss wings in sauce to coat